Terms of Service
This agreement incorporates the terms and conditions for CakesKart (hereinafter called Company), to provide cakes and other products to any person(s) (hereinafter called Client), availing the online cake ordering and delivery services from CakesKart, and the person shall be deemed to have read, understood and expressly accepted these terms and conditions, which shall govern the transaction or provision of such services by Company for all purposes, and shall be binding on the Client. All rights and liabilities of the Client and/or Company with respect to any services to be provided by Company shall be restricted to the scope of this agreement.
- All use and purchases made on this web site are governed by these Terms and Conditions
- We will confirm acceptance of your order whether placed directly by using our website or over the phone. This will occur either by message on the website immediately after you have confirmed your order, or by us sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided to us. The contract commences at the point of acceptance of your purchase and we will deliver the cakes & other items to you in accordance with your order and these Terms and Conditions.
- You must be 18 years old or over and must have completed the registration process in order to participate in our web based delivery service.
- The price of the goods will be as quoted on the web site at the time you confirm your order (usually by clicking the "checkout" button) subject only to any inadvertent technical error for which we will not be liable. If you subsequently amend your order to add items, the prices charged will be those applicable to the new item(s) at the time that the amended order is confirmed. Where a substitute item is offered in place of an item ordered, the price charged for that substitute item (if accepted) will be the price applicable at the time the item is substituted. Please note that as promotions are offered for a limited period of time subsequent amendments to your order may mean that certain promotions are no longer being offered.
- The prices stated on the website will be inclusive of all taxes payable.
- Orders may include a charge for delivery. If your delivery is subject to a delivery charge, it will be shown to you as a separate charge on the delivery confirmation page before you confirm your order. Payment may be made online by debit or credit cards or any bank transfer.
- Payments can be made for home delivery customers only by Cash on delivery.
- The debit, credit and charge cards accepted by us are those listed on the web site on the date on which your order is placed.
- Time slots for delivery will be as specified on the website and will be made to the address specified by you when you register on the website.
- We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that deliveries are made within a short delivery slot and accordingly, it is your responsibility to plan to have an appropriate person to be available at the delivery address at all times during the delivery slot. We may ask that an appropriate person signs (and pays) for the goods on delivery if required. If no one is at the address when the delivery is attempted, the goods will be retained by us. We will leave notification of delivery and will telephone to attempt to rearrange the delivery.
- Please note adverse weather conditions or other events outside of our reasonable control may result in the occasional late or cancelled delivery. If that is the case we will endeavor to contact you as soon as we are able to in order to reschedule your delivery time and date.
- Should you fail to be present for your delivery we are entitled to charge you in full for an amount equal to the price of the items contained in your order and the cost of delivery.
- We will ordinarily only make deliveries when an appropriate person is able to receive the delivery and the minimum amount of the order is Rs 300. In the event that you instruct us to leave a delivery unattended at your address, we disclaim all liability which may arise by virtue of the delivery being left unattended for a period of time. This includes but is not limited to theft, tampering, contamination and the result of any change in temperature in respect of items.
- We guarantee the quality of our goods. You must inspect the goods and notify us promptly in writing or by phoning our call center of any dissatisfaction with your order. We will promptly and fully refund the price of any goods that do not meet with your reasonable satisfaction or arrange for the delivery of replacement goods.
- The confirmation e-mail you receive from us confirming your order will set out the last time that, you may amend your order prior to delivery.
- We will not be deemed to be in breach of contract or of these Terms and Conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, road traffic problems.
- Other than as set out in clause 17, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the retail price of the goods contained in that order.
- To help us ensure the best possible service some telephone calls will be recorded.
- We respect your privacy. The personal information that you give us is held with care and security. We do not sell, rent or transfer this information to third parties for their marketing purposes unless you agree otherwise.
- Any Customer complaints should be addressed to our Customer Service Helpline – you will find an e-mail link or address and telephone numbers listed on our website in the "Contact" section.
- Purchase of goods on our website may be subject to special offers from time to time. We may change the terms of special offers, or withdraw them altogether, at any time and without prior notice. We also reserve the right to offer in our complete discretion different customers different special offers, promotions and the ability to enter different competitions.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law
- All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by Indian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Kerala courts in relation to any dispute which may arise between them.
Cakeskart is a brand name used by The Crown Bakery and the website https://www.cakeskart.com facilitates online ordering and delivery of cakes in Kollam.